Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lovely day off!

Hello readers!!!

Yesterday we finally set up our experiment! If you've been following my school blog, then you should have seen the sweet pics of me and my group mates tying our experiment out on the reef! A quick summary for those who haven't read the other post yet: our experiment will be comparing nutrient levels and herbivory levels in the two bays on Moorea, so yesterday was a very long day and we spent nearly 7 hours in the water tying our growth assay to rocks in our 8 sites! It was a ton of work, but it felt great to get it accomplished!

Today we had a bit of a day off (since we make our own schedules now). We helped another team tie their experiment out this morning since they gave us a hand yesterday, but that was basically it for the day. I enjoyed a morning lying out in the sun/water with some other girls, and after lunch I spent another hour lying out in the water reading a book and enjoying the scenery! Around 3, three other girls and I took a walk down the road to a small public beach, which was empty except for one old speedoed French man feeding the fish with a baguette! It was really relaxing to just lay out, read and gossip, and nice to get away from the Gump station for a bit! Tonight we are having a meet and greet with the director of the Gump Station up at his house in the hills above the station. It should be fun! I actually dressed nice and put on a touch of makeup for the first time this trip!!!

I miss everyone, and I'll try to be more consistent in updating this blog!!!! <3

No comments: