So today was my first day at my new internship! We started at 8 am, and did a variety of "first day" things such as get our security badges, tour the facility, paperwork and meetings. Not too exciting, but definitely neat to see where we will be working!!! The place is soooo cool, and I'm excited to get going! This whole week we still have orientations, but we are also learning our jobs for when we start our rotations next week! Starting tomorrow, I will be starting work at 6 am, meaning I will be leaving my apartment at 5 am!!! Yikes, early! So I'll need to start getting in the habit of going to bed much earlier if I'm going to be waking up at 4:30 every morning!!!
I can't take any pictures at work (since its a naval base with classified stuff and all haha) so during this internship I'll be pulling pictures off the navy marine mammal website to make my blog more festive. haha
This is an aerial view of the base where the navy marine mammal program is located! You can see all the ocean pens and the piers!

A group of young dolphins lined up and ready to work! I get to work with the youngsters for my third rotation! :)

A California sea lion on a stand for training! I am working with the sea lions for my second rotation in Feb and March! :)

It's only been one day, but I can already tell it's going to be awesome! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment